Gardening etc.

This is my first effort at a blog and I noticed that there seemed to be a shortage of blogs about gardening. I suppose that is because most gardeners are too busy in their gardens to be on the internet. Fortunately, I get paid to sit at a computer.

Monday, June 27, 2005


Things are looking better. This picture is two months after the earlier shot. We've enjoyed several tomatos already and have a bowl full of Sweet 100 cherry toms and Pear toms to eat up. There are several cucumbers about ready to harvest. Have already picked 3 Cubanelle peppers and 4 or 5 Tams (mild form of jalapeno). Just the other day Theresa noticed several blooms on the pumpkin plants. They were planted just for fun to see if we could get a pumpkin to grow. I got the pumpkin starts by cutting up and throwing the pumpkin from last fall in the garden as compost. I got all kinds of starts but just kept 3 and treated the others as weeds. Now there are 2 left and both are doing well.

It has been really hot (upper 90s) and dry the last week+ and it is only June. I'm really concerned about the health of the plants come July and August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home