Gardening etc.

This is my first effort at a blog and I noticed that there seemed to be a shortage of blogs about gardening. I suppose that is because most gardeners are too busy in their gardens to be on the internet. Fortunately, I get paid to sit at a computer.

Friday, July 08, 2005

After 2 weeks of no rain a big storm came through yesterday and wreaked havoc on the garden. The dill plants were almost flat. A pepper plant was blown halfway to the ground. Most importantly, I learned the importance of sturdy tomato cages. I've read about some of the structures that serious gardeners use to support their tomato plants and now I know why. I had one plant that was inside a triangular cage made of light gauge wire and it was blown clean over on top of another tom plant. It looked really ugly when I first went to assess the damage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home