Gardening etc.

This is my first effort at a blog and I noticed that there seemed to be a shortage of blogs about gardening. I suppose that is because most gardeners are too busy in their gardens to be on the internet. Fortunately, I get paid to sit at a computer.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Still H O T!!! 100+ degrees everyday. Watering the remaining plants only helps a little. Imagine if you were forced to sit out in the sun all day with just water to drink and no shade. Not good. I'm about ready to call it done and till it all under in preparation for a fall crop of something. I haven't really decided if I want to maintain a garden this fall/winter or just wait until next spring. Chances are I will wait until next spring and let the ground recover some in the meantime.

"The most noteworthy thing about gardeners is that they are always optimistic, always enterprising, and never satisfied. They always look forward to doing better than they have ever done before." - Vita Sackville-West (1892-1962)Novelist and poet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home