Gardening etc.

This is my first effort at a blog and I noticed that there seemed to be a shortage of blogs about gardening. I suppose that is because most gardeners are too busy in their gardens to be on the internet. Fortunately, I get paid to sit at a computer.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

"I see trees of green........ red roses too...I see ’em bloom..... for me and for you...And I think to myself.... " go ahead, finish this for me.

That's right. What a wonderful world.

My wife and I went to the Neil Sperry All Garden Show this past weekend and it was really motivational. I have the itch to DIG! I bought 4 tomato and 2 pepper plants at the show. I'll be getting those repotted today to give them a little more time to strengthen before planting. I also found a brand of compost that I'm going to get to add to the existing soil to hopefully boost the fruit/vegetable production this year. Then I went to Lowe's and started getting the parts for the drip irrigation system I'm going to install. This should be much better than a lawn sprinkler or hand held watering wand.

The weather today is going to be awesome, if you like springtime weather. It will be clear and near 80 degrees. We have had some rain and now the warm weather comes. The weeds can't be far behind.

Look around and revel in the amazing rejuvenation of the earth. It's God's blessing to us all.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Repotting plants really is easy but there are a few things to keep in mind. First, be sure to consider the mature size of the plant unless it is your intention to repot again after it has grown. Also about the pot, clay or terra cotta pots allow the soil to dry out faster than plastic pots but I for one consider clay pots more asthetically pleasing usually. This is probably because they are more natural. Don't forget that the size of the pot will directly relate to the weight of the final result. The larger the pot the more dirt which means heavier. Which leads me to the most important thing; the potting medium, meaning the soil. You really need a good quality potting soil. There are specialty soils for some types of plants like roses that you should look for depending on the plant with which you are working. Final thought, don't forget about the plant. Put it in a place where you will see it often enough to remember to give it water.

I hope this helps. Thanks for visiting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home