Gardening etc.

This is my first effort at a blog and I noticed that there seemed to be a shortage of blogs about gardening. I suppose that is because most gardeners are too busy in their gardens to be on the internet. Fortunately, I get paid to sit at a computer.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

So much for the shortage of rain. Remember last year when I mentioned here that we were 15" below average for the year? Things are a bit different now.


So far there has been 6-10" of rainfall in the past two days with more on the way. It would be really great to have this spread out over weeks instead of hours.

One thing you may not be able to gather from the pictures is the mulch. The cedar mulch has floated away and I'll have to replace it but the cypress mulch has stayed in place.

The importance of good drainage can not be over emphasized.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home